TAFE – Solution




Solutions provided

Me and the other front-end developer discussed a lot and when needed, we had meetings with the designer and other engineers to make sure our solutions will work.

The solutions we provided were:

  • Making the slider dynamic and accessible
    We used SlickSlider but also added some custom JS functions to make the slider more dynamic and accessible. We made sure with engineers this solution will work for them too.
  • Building the customized drop-down menus
    This was quite challenging as we not only had to create a new style for the drop-down menus but also we had to make it keyboard-accessible. We listed all the possible scenarios and planned well before actually writing any code.
  • Making complex components responsive
    The biggest challenge for this issue was the hero section in the homepage, especially with the triangle shape. We decided to use SVG to create the triangle effect.
  • Controlling the layout and z-index
    Because there were quite a lot of small components attached to the larger components, we had to plan well ahead building the components.

All of the solutions including those not included in the list above worked out well and we could deliver the website on time with quality code.